18.8.17

Barcelona is...

For me, Barcelona is not just a football club.

Barcelona is a place I know so well, like I know Athens and London.

Barcelona is my first trip leaving the Greek borders in 2003.

Barcelona is my friends that I'm so impatient to meet, when the Aerobus leave me in Plaça Catalunya, in Cafe Zurich.

Barcelona is taking down the wide pedestrian road that leads to Monument a Colom, where you can smell and feel the sea.

Barcelona is the best llom in the world, in the Mercat de La Boqueria or in Cargolet Picant.

Barcelona is staying speechless inside the Sagrada Família, because it's impossible to believe that humans made this masterpiece.

Barcelona is seeking serenity inside The Barcelona Pavilion of Mies van der Rohe.

Barcelona is the first room in El Museu d'Història de Catalunya in Palau de Mar, where I see the influence my ancestors had in the culture of Catalunya.

Barcelona is taking all the road from Plaça d'Espanya to Castell de Montjuïc visiting the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys,Palau Sant Jordi, Fundacio Joan Miro, Museu Olímpic.

 Barcelona is taking the Telefèric, when it was just a basket and not a glass box, feeling like really flying in the air.

Barcelona is the apartment in Canyelles, where we slept only because someone gave us the key to her home.

Barcelona is the long way uphill to Park Güell and the beauty you see there.

Barcelona is Poblenou, the Torre Agbar half-built, the Torre Agbar in full colour and glory, the old Glòries station with the small dirt walkway that takes you to the small square shaped Glòries shopping center that is now huge mall, the Amrey Diagonal, that was so freshly built and so out of the landscape, full of glass.

Barcelona is walking down to Rambla Poblenou and eating Palestinian wrap, thinking it´s a Greek Souvlaki. Is this girl in the beach with the long legs, that I never forgot her face.

Barcelona is looking at every piece of Picasso scattered around the museums of the city, is going all the way to Palau Nacional de Pedralbes to see his ceramics in Museu de Ceràmica.

Barcelona is the doctor in the zoo, trying to communicate and help me with my bruised leg, after all these kilometers of walking in the city. Is the people at Hostel Opera that after explaining what happened are not kicking me in the road, but let me stay till late in the evening to take my flight.

Barcelona is the rooms, the beds, the sofas that I have slept in.

Barcelona is my friend Giannis following me everywhere cause he couldn't speak English, without any complaints. Is the "Golofras" painting (The Harlequin), that makes me laugh like crazy after so many years.

Barcelona is being under the tunnel of L'Aquarium, feeling lost, while sharks are above you.

Barcelona is the no-name squares where I had my first cigarette and coffee of the day.

Barcelona is being inside Casa Batlló, the most beautiful house ever built.

Barcelona is the small football grounds around Camp nou, where kids played football.

Barcelona is all the trips with the Penya, waiting for a game of Barça to begin, making friends for a lifetime.

Barcelona is your heart beating under the badge of the greatest team in the world.

Barcelona is the Irish pub in Carrer St Pau, celebrating with Guinness the victories of the team.

Barcelona is arriving so early in the morning, that you can´t check in your hotel and cafe Roma is still closed so you just go for a walk in the empty Rambla, like in the photo, daring to step on a Miró creation.

Barcelona is looking around for places described in Hemingway books.

Barcelona is thousands photos, millions of memories, beautiful days, lovely nights, dear friends.

Barcelona is every moment that I remember and every moment that I don´t.

Barcelona is not a tourist destination.

Barcelona is my HOME.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: